Terms & Conditions
1. All filmmakers/applicants or entities submitting a film to Backcountry Discovery Routes (BDR) and the BDR ‘Keep It 100’ Film Festival accept and agree to comply with the following Terms and Conditions.
2. The person submitting a film to the BDR ‘Keep It 100’ Film Festival is you and you agree that your film may be screened on BDR social media and/or at the BDR Film Festival event in 2023.
3. We only accept films that meet the following criteria:
- Must be 100 seconds or less.
- Must take place on a BDR.
- Film content must respect the BDR mission
- All riding shown in the film must comply with the
BDR Ride Right and Respectfully initiatives
- Film must be centered around motorcycle travel.
- Any music or soundtrack in the film must be royalty-free.
- All films must be submitted by the October 10th, 12pm PST deadline.
4. There is no fee to enter your film.
5. How to Submit:
- Email your film (or link to download your film) to BDRFilmFest@gmail.com.
- You will receive confirmation of receipt via email.
6. Upon request Filmmakers may also be asked to supply:
- Production credits and contact details.
- Filmmaker’s photo for use in future social media/website content.
- Bio information about the filmmaker and additional info about the film
7. Judging and Prize Disbursement
Entry into the film festival is “at will” and implies no guarantee. While a good faith effort will be made to conduct the film festival as outlined, BDR and its partners reserve final say in all matters including but not limited to – judgment of films, dispensing of prize packages and technical/human error. Prizes that include rentals and accommodations must be booked in advance, subject to availability, and are at the sole discretion of the providers.
8. All films will be accepted and assessed with the intent to screen them at a BDR event(s).
9. By submitting a film, you grant us the right to screen your film at one or more BDR events, copy and/or reproduce, modify, adapt and any part thereof of the film submission. We may also use your submission and any other promotional material/photo’s and/or information submitted by you to communicate it to the public in all media, including via our website, newsletter, and publicity materials, or to advertise and promote BDR, its event(s), products and services, or to showcase your film.
10. You own the copyright to your film as its author and represent and warrant that you have (and will continue to have during the duration of the BDR ‘Keep it 100’ Film Festival and thereafter) all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions we need to use your film and you will provide evidence of such on our reasonable request.
11. We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by any person as a result of submitting a film to BDR and its curation and all related events.
12. You indemnify and hold harmless Backcountry Discovery Routes from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees, and costs of the court) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, screening, and loss of or damage to the screening materials entered.